I love cooking! Probably because I really love eating good food. At the end of a stressed day, there is nothing more amazing than standing in the kitchen making a delicious meal and finally get to eat it. At that very moment I`m totally happy. (Yes it`s as simple as that: Eating makes me happy!) Here`s one of my favorite recipes: Parmesan Risotto Serves 4
- 400 g risotto
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 125 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 250 ml white wine
- 1,2 l chicken stock
- 150 g parmesan
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tbsp cream
- Peel the shallot and cut it into thin slices. Do the same with the garlic clove. Heat 40 g butter in a saucepan and fry the garlic clove and the shallot for 1 minute.
- Add the risotto and let it sweat for a little time. Then deglaze it with the white wine. Add the salt and the pepper.
- Let the white wine boil away and stir the risotto with a wooden spoon.
- Add enough hot chicken stock so that the rice is constantly covered with liquid. Do no longer stir the risotto! You can slew the saucepan to give the risotto a creamy texture.
- Let the risotto cook for 15 to 18 minutes and add hot chicken stock again and again. Then add the grated parmesan and the rest of the butter. Stir the risotto and add the parsley and the cream.
Enjoy your meal or as we say here in Luxembourg: Gudden Appetit!
Love , Caroline ♥