Yes this is THE classic pasta dish! But I still think that everyone does it a little bit differently!
I got this recipe from my housemate. My mother hasn`t told me yet her famous bolognese recipe. (Yes friends and family can`t get enough of my mum`s spaghetti!) It`s her secret! And that`s fine for me, but hopefully one day she will share it at least with me and my sister!
Anyway, my housemate showed me how she does a bolognese sauce and it`s delicious! (Almost as good as my mum`s!) Just mix all the ingredients, let it cook for an hour and there you go! I always make more of this sauce so that I can freeze portions. Like this I can enjoy a good spaghetti bolognese anytime I want!
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 500g carrots
- 300g minced meat
- 700g sieved tomatoes
- 400g basil tomato sauce (ready in a glass)
- one cube of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- grated cheese (parmesan, emmenthal)
- olive oil
- 1-1,3kg spaghetti noodles (I always do 130g per person)
- Peel the onion, the garlic and the carrots and cut them into slices.
- Heat some olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and the garlic. Then add the carrots and the minced meat. Let it cook until the meat is well-done.
- Then add the sieved tomatoes, the basil tomato sauce and the vegetable stock cube. Let it cook slowly for about an hour.
- Then season to taste with pepper, salt and oregano.
- Don`t forget to cook the pasta as written on the package! And finally you can add as many cheese as you want!
Enjoy & Gudden Appetit!
Love, Caroline ♥