The other day, I stood in my kitchen and didn`t know what to cook. That happens very often lately! I don`t know if it is because of a lack of imagination or because my fridge is relatively empty at the moment…
Anyway, I climbed on a chair to see what`s in the cupboards above and I found some pine nuts! Normaly I would do pesto out of it, but I had no basil at home… What I found instead was sage. What an interesting combination, I thought. I added tomatoes, mixed it with pasta and… WOW! It was delicious! And now I can`t wait to share the recipe with you!
Tomato, Sage and Pine Nuts Pasta
- 500g Fusilli
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 10 sage leaves
- 50g pine nuts
- 1 tbsp balsamico
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta as written on the package.
- Tear the sage piecemeal. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and fry the sage in it for 1 minute. Then put the sage aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the pan and add the pine nuts. Let them cook until they`re golden brown. Make sure that they don`t burn! Then put them aside.
- Cut the garlic and the tomatoes into pieces. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the pan and add both. Let it cook for about 2 minutes, then add the balsamico and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season to taste.
- Finally mix the tomatoes with the sage, pine nuts and the pasta. You can serve it with as many parmesan as you like!
Enjoy your meal and Gudden Appetit!
Love, Caroline ♥