Last week I looked at our fruit basket on the windowsill and saw 5 bananas that were already brown. First thought: They`re ready for the garbage can… But then, on second thought: Why don`t I use them to bake a cake?
Now you will probably say: “That`s not a life changing thought, we all bake banana bread!”
Well to be honest, I don`t like bananas and I`ve never baked banana bread before! So for me, this was a life changing thought!
I looked for some recipes and found a ton, but they all use lots of white sugar and flour. However I wanted to bake a healthy cake… So I started to experiment and the result was suuuuper delicious! (Even for someone who doesn`t like bananas, this cake was heaven!)
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 115g butter
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- Heat the oven to 180° two-sided heat.
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Reduce the bananas to a pulp.
- Now mix the ground almonds, baking powder, butter, eggs, banana mash and the agave syrup. That`s it for the dough!
- Take a cake tin (∼10x30cm) and put a baking sheet inside so that afterwards you can take the cake out by pulling on the baking sheet. Fill the dough into the cake tin and let it bake in the oven for about 60 minutes.
Enjoy & Gudden Appetit!
Love, Caroline ♥