Yeah, chocolate mousse is real comfort food! It`s our best friend after a stressful or sad day. And for me this weekend it lightened up those rainy days. (It actually has been raining here in Luxembourg for nearly a week! I guess fall has arrived…) So for all of you out there who really need to do something good for your soul, here`s my favorite chocolate mousse recipe!
Chocolate Mousse with a touch of honey
- 225 g good quality dark chocolate
- 70 g butter
- 350 g cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Amaretto
- 2 tbsp of good honey
- 6 raspberries (to decorate)
- Melt the butter and the chocolate over a low heat.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream until stiff.
- In a third bowl, mix the eggs and the honey with an electric whisk until the mixture is foamy. Then add the Amaretto, the runny chocolate and the cream. Stir carefully! If you want it to remain nicely fluffy, then don’t beat the mixture.
- Pour the mousse into six small bowls and put it in the fridge for at least one hour. And before serving, decorate it with the raspberries. That`s it!
Enjoy and Gudden Appetit!
Love, Caroline ♥