Last weekend I was in the mood for baking, although it was very hot outside… Normally I would have preferred an ice cream, but no, this time it had to be cookies! And to make them more summer adapted, I added blueberries. I don`t add fruits often to my baking, but in this case, it was suuuper delicious! And the best thing is that they are sugar free! So no regrets! Perfect for summer, am I right?
Sugarfree blueberry cookies
- 115g softened butter
- 115g Xylit sugar (or 115g normal sugar)
- 115g flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125g fresh blueberries
For the crumble topping:
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- 2 tbsp Xylit sugar (or 2 tbsp normal sugar)
- 30g flour
- a pinch of salt
- Mix the softened butter, Xylit and vanilla extract in a bowl until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined and crumbly dough begins to form. Add the blueberries and stir again. Then refrigerate for a few minutes while you prepare the crumb topping.
- Combine the cold butter with Xylit and flour. Use your hands to press together until a very crumbly mixture forms.
- Spoon the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each with the crumble topping. Bake at 180° for 10-15 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes before enjoying. The cookies will still be quite soft once they come out of the oven, so it’s best to let them cool a little bit before serving.
Love, Caroline ♥